What is a Kundalini Awakening?
In classic Hindu literature a serpent Goddess named Kundalini Shakti lies dormant in each of us at the base of the spine.
The word Shakti means power or strength and refers to a primal, condensed, compressed feminine force found in the natural world. Many different cultures and spiritual traditions have their own specific reference to this Divine Energy. For example in Islam this energy is called Rh. Ancient Hebraic Scripture refers to it as Ruaach. Judaism calls it Sekkina and the Ancient Sumerians called it Chaitanya.
When the Kundalini energy is awakened it moves from its dormant coiled position, where it’s wrapped itself around the base of the spine at the root chakra three times. As this energy uncoils and moves up the spine it pierces the seals of the energy centers, the chakras. The chakras are wheels that spin vertically and connect to each other thereby enhancing their effect. They open the subtle channels known as nadis, which move up the spine in the central channel, called sushumna.
During the initial stages of a Kundalini Awakening huge, untapped reservoirs of energy are released that profoundly effect the physical, emotional and spiritual bodies. A Kundalini awakening is a vivid, all consuming, transformational, life changing experience. It is not just feeling energy movement during yoga class but is an intense physiological, emotional, spiritual cleansing and multidimensional realignment of your whole being. And once it starts you can’t put the genie back in the bottle. This amazing process can last for a day, a week, a month, a year or in my case a lifetime. As the Kundalini energy moves up the spine it opens up dormant areas of the brain and burns through cellular debris making it an evolutionary, cleansing process. New gifts reveal themselves as well as new challenges. Each person’s journey is unique depending on their present and past life circumstances.
In 1988 when my Kundalini energy spontaneously awakened it felt like a million electrical circuits had switched on in my body. It was an extremely challenging, uncomfortable and disorienting experience. Had I walked into my local emergency room for help and told the nice ER doctors that I was hearing voices, felt like my body was being shocked by electrical current, saw bright lights and heard angelic choirs, I imagine a psychiatric consult would have been ordered . A psychiatrist would have probably asked me the following questions: Who is the President of the United States? Can you count backwards from 100 in 7’s? Do you know what day it is?” Most probably I would have been admitted to the psychiatric ward and medicated.
I was extremely fortunate to have a knowledgeable guide during my initial awakening process in Dr. Jonathan Curzon, who I met 10 days before my opening. Jonathan is a safe, heart centered, healer chiropractor who as a gifted visionary literally saw the energy moving up my spine. He took great time and care to educate me about the Kundalini Awakening Process so I would have some sense of what was happening to me.
However, as you read this there are millions of people on this planet whose Kundalini energy is spontaneously opening WHO DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING.
These individuals don’t realize that they are in the midst of a Kundalini awakening and urgently seek help and answers from medical and mental health professionals. Unfortunately, in many cases these professionals are not trained and educated to recognize that these “strange” illnesses and mystical and paranormal phenomena experiences are signs and symptoms of a Kundalini awakening.
To book a session please call:
This phone number does not take text messages.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of a Kundalini Awakening?*
Please keep in mind that this is not a checklist where you have to identify with everything on this list to be in the midst of a Kundalini awakening.
The following are common manifestations of the rising Kundalini:
- Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.
- Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body
- Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations
- Intense heat or cold
- Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving ones body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or periodic limb movement disorder, or PLMD.)
- Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns
- Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some Chronic Fatigue Disorders victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)
- Intensified or diminished sexual desires
- Headaches, pressures within the skull
- Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest
- Digestive system problems
- Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)
- Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of Fibromyalgia Syndrome are Kundalini-related.)
- Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression
- Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) — are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs
- Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.
- Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating
- Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual’s prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)
- Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.
- Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion
- Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; past-life memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers
- Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.
- Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one’s own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one’s environment (including “vibes” from others)
- Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness
The Golden Light Healing Kundalini Assessment and Care Consultation
For 30 years Louise has counseled individuals in the midst of Kundalini awakenings.
The Golden Light Healing Kundalini Assessment and Care Consultation is an in-depth, 2 hour session where clients receive personalized support, recommendations and guidance about their specific Kundalini spiritual emergence situation.
Two Hours: $250.00
The Golden Light Healing Kundalini Care Ongoing Support
An initial Golden Light Healing Kundalini Assessment and Care Consultation is required to receive ongoing support.
Golden Light Healing Kundalini Care Ongoing Support assists individuals going through the Awakening, Renovation and Restoration phases of the Kundalini process.
Each Golden Light Healing Kundalini Care Ongoing Support session begins with a client check in, followed by assistance in understanding, managing and integrating what’s happening and includes an energy sound healing.
Two Hours: $200.00
The Golden Light Healing Phone Support
For clients who are presently doing sessions with Louise on an ongoing basis.
30 Minutes: $60.00